Get PSY 362 Week 1 to week 8 discussions and assignments essay help
PSY 362 Week 1 to week 8 discussions and assignments
PSY 362 TOPIC 1 BENCHMARK RESEARCH REFLECTION GCU
Social competence is a complex concept consisting of social, emotional, cognitive, and behavioral skills. For example, one might change social interactions based on the situational perspective of another individual. Cultural competency enables organizations to work in cross-cultural situations based on skills, attitudes, behaviors, and policies. For example, it is important to provide health care services that meet the needs of all patients and addresses diversity issues.
In 500-750 words, address why social and cultural competency is critical in the research process. Be sure to address the following prompts:
- Define social and cultural competency
- Evaluate the importance of these concepts in terms of social psychological research.
- Give an example of a social psychological concept that can be understood from a cross-cultural perspective (e.g., social self, emotion, attitudes, fundamental attribution error)
- Why does cultural competency matter when researching a concept like the one you chose?
- Discuss problems that might occur if cross-cultural perspectives are neglected in the research. Be sure to share an example(s). Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 3.5 Evaluate the importance of social and cultural competence in scientific inquiry.
Get writing help on PSY 362 TOPIC 1 BENCHMARK RESEARCH REFLECTION GCU, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
PSY 362 TOPIC 2 CLC ETHICS AND IRB GCU
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment. You will be assigned group in class. We have navigated through much research to date. As you know, ethical considerations are vital during this process. After reading about Milgram’s compliance experiment and many of the early studies in social psychology, it becomes clear that participants in social psychology have suffered harm. There are safeguards in place today within the American Psychological Association’s Code of Ethics (2016) with regard to research. Institutional Review Boards have also been put in place to protect both human and animal research participants. Imagine your CLC group sits on an Institutional Review Board (IRB) and someone like Phillip Zombardo or Stanley Milgram provides you with a research proposal to conduct the same experiment(s).Task: Do some research and chose an unethical study that has been conducted thus far (i.e., Monster Study, Aversion Project, Dr. Money/David Reimer, Learned Helplessness).A quick internet search will reveal other ideas.Your job is to approve the study, approve with modifications, or reject the study completely. Using the APA Code of Ethics, justify your group’s determination. The code of ethics can be found at http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspxCreate a PowerPoint presentation, of 8-12 slides (slide count does not include the title and reference slide), in which your group presents their decision. Your PowerPoint should include:
- Provide a summary of the experiment.
- Identify some general ethical concerns with the experiment.
- Using the APA Code of Ethics, identify at least five specific ethic codes that were violated with this study. Be sure to explain why there was a code violation.
- Provide your decision as an IRB if you will approve the study, approve it with modifications, or flat out reject it all together.
Get writing help on , here Use two to three scholarly resources for support. Your textbook is a viable source. Resources should be listed on the last slide.
Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include 50-75 words per slide.
NOTE: Save and upload your PowerPoint as a PDF if it’s too large
Get writing help on PSY 362 TOPIC 2 CLC ETHICS AND IRB GCU, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
PSY 362 TOPIC 3 BENCHMARK SOCIAL SELF GCU
For this assignment, you will choose one or two social media platform(s) (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.). Once you have chosen, in 500-750 words, do the following:
- Describe the self-enhancement and self-verification motives for self-esteem.
- Evaluate the posts/pages you see through the lens of self-presentation.
- Discuss which motive (self-enhancement or self-verification) is most evident in the sites you viewed. Provide examples, but do not include identifying information (names, handles, gender, etc.).
- Discuss if you think these online portraits of people are accurate. Explain your position.
- Explain if the prevalence of being exposed to social factors on social media influences individual behavior and the development of the social self, include how it does or does not. Use social psychological terminology to explain your answer.
- Discuss the positive and negative aspects associated with social media sites.
Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: SOC 1.1: Describe how social factors in group and society influence individual behavior and the development of the social self.
Get writing help on PSY 362 TOPIC 3 BENCHMARK SOCIAL SELF GCU, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
PSY 362 TOPIC 5 DATING PROFILE
Use the document “Online Dating Profile” to complete the assignment. Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.PSY362-RS-OnlineDatingProfile.docx
PSY 362 TOPIC 6 BENCHMARK IMPLICIT PREJUDICE
The Implicit Association Test (IAT) is a popular and respected method for measuring implicit attitudes and beliefs. Take a test of your choosing, and respond to the following questions regarding your experience. Write an essay of 750-1,000 words on your experience with the Implicit Association Test (IAT), located on the Project Implicit website; see the attached document under the assignment tab for further directions. Include the following:
- Describe which test you took and your results.
- Discuss if your results surprise you. Why or why not?
- Interpret the results. Do you think they are valid for you personally?
- Reflect on the results of your test and your own implicit bias, briefly explain the causes of prejudicial attitudes and discriminatory behaviors you may have seen in others. Do you see similarities or difference between your bias and others potential bias.
- Consider the overall validity of the IAT. Do you think this test is a valid and reliable measure of implicit bias? Use scholarly research to back up your claims in this section.
Use two to four scholarly resources, for this assignment the textbook can count as a scholarly source.
When writing in APA style, it is important that your analysis is written in third person. Writing in third person helps with clarity and conciseness throughout your paper. However, some instances writing in first person is acceptable and should be used sparingly. Solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 3.3: Explain causes of prejudicial attitudes and discriminatory behaviors using self-reflection and identification in others.
Get writing help on PSY 362 TOPIC 6 BENCHMARK IMPLICIT PREJUDICE, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
PSY 362 TOPIC 7 TWELVE ANGRY MEN AND GROUPTHINK
Use the document “12 Angry Men” to successfully complete the assignment. You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.PSY362-RS-12AngryMen.docx
Get writing help on PSY 362 TOPIC 7 TWELVE ANGRY MEN AND GROUPTHINK, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
PSY 362 TOPIC 8 PROSOCIAL BEHAVIOR
Use the document “Prosocial Behavior” to successfully complete this assignment. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.PSY362-RS-ProsocialBehavior.docxGet writing help on PSY 362 TOPIC 8 PROSOCIAL BEHAVIOR, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers.
- SOC386 Week 1 Examining the Social Work Core Competencies
- Hsa 315 Week 8 Assignment 2 Life Cycles Standards And Practices
- NURS 6512 Week 8 Assessing Muscoskeletal Pain