Get NURS 8410 Week 8: Creating an Environment for EBP essay assignment
NURS 8410/8410A/8410F/8410M/8410S/8410W/8410C: Best Practices In Nursing Specialties | Week 8
“What health care needs most are effective leaders who understand innovation and how it spreads, who respect the diversity of change itself, and who can nurture innovation in all its rich and many costumes” (Hyrkäs & Harvey, 2010, p. 1).
As a nurse engaged in advanced practice, you are uniquely positioned to motivate your colleagues and contribute toward the development of a culture that embraces change. Yet, even with the worthwhile goal of translating evidence into practice, barriers present a formidable challenge in many settings in today’s health care system.
This week you examine barriers that may inhibit the adoption and implementation of evidence-based practice. You also explore change theories and consider how they can be applied to help create an environment that facilitates practice grounded in evidence and, ultimately, to promote the achievement of outcomes related to quality and safety.
In addition, you continue your practicum experience and begin Application 4 this week.
The best nursing essay writers available for assistance on NURS 8410 Week 8: Creating an Environment for EBP essay assignment
- Assess the readiness for change in a practice environment
- Develop theory-based strategies to facilitate the implementation of change in a practice environment
NURS 8410 Week 8: Creating an Environment for EBP essay assignment
Discussion: Preparing for Change
What steps might be utilized to move a practice issue from development and design through implementation to the realization of positive outcomes? How does theory provide a framework? What barriers might you encounter?
- Review the theories and frameworks (i.e., change, organizational, behavioral) presented in Chapter 3 of the course text, Translation of Evidence Into Nursing and Health Care Practice, and conduct additional research of your own. What insights do these theories provide regarding how to take your practice issue from development and design through implementation to the realization of positive outcomes?
- Think about your practicum setting and evaluate the readiness for change in this environment. Identify barriers and facilitators for change.
- Consider strategies to address the barriers, and assess why they might be effective based on theory.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- Assess the readiness for change in your practicum environment. Discuss those factors (barriers and facilitators) that need to be considered.
- Identify a theory or framework that will guide your change efforts.
- Discuss strategies to address barriers, and provide one or more insights regarding why you think they might be effective based on theory.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
NURS 8410 Week 8: Creating an Environment for EBP
By Day 6
Respond to two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom and/or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
CLICK HERE TO Get Nursing Writing Help