Get NURS 6600 Week 3: Practicum Project Goals, Objectives, and Justification essay assignment help
NURS 6600: Capstone Synthesis Practicum | Week 3
Nursing as a profession has a social mandate to contribute to the good of society through knowledge-based practice.
— Mary K. McCurry, Susan M. Hunter Revell, & Sister Callista Roy, Knowledge for the Good of the Individual and Society: Linking Philosophy, Disciplinary Goals, Theory, and Practice
Throughout your program of study, you have considered questions such as the following:
- How do I evaluate practice in terms of the evidence?
- How can I facilitate the application of evidence-based practice in my specialty area?
These questions now provide a foundation for the development of your Practicum Project. In addition to considering these questions, it is essential to consider how your work on this project can further the aims of your profession and lead to positive social change. With these thoughts in mind, how does the statement above relate to your Practicum Project?
This week, you continue to define your Practicum Project. You evaluate scholarly literature and evidence, specialization standards, and/or community standards related to your project focus and identify objectives and a goal to guide the development of your Practicum Project. These elements will be integrated into your Practicum Project Plan, which is due in Week 5.
In addition, you complete and submit your Practicum Time Log and Journal (including Journal Entry 1). You also continue to develop your Professional Portfolio, which is due in Week 11.
The best nursing essay writers available for assistance on NURS 6600 Week 3: Practicum Project Goals, Objectives, and Justification essay assignment
By the end of this week, students will:
- Analyze authentic problems in health care settings*
- Develop a goal statement*
- Develop measurable objectives for a Practicum Project*
- Evaluate scholarly literature related to health care issues or problems*
- Analyze a Practicum Experience in the context of nursing leadership and management or nursing informatics
- Construct a detailed practicum time log
- Evaluate evidence that demonstrates professional growth for inclusion in a Professional Portfolio**
* The Assignment related to these Learning Objectives is introduced this week and submitted in Week 5.
** You continue working on the Assignment related to this Learning Objective, introduced in Week 2 and submitted in Week 11.
Discussion: Practicum Project Goals, Objectives, and Justification
A project without a critical path is like a ship without a rudder.
— Daniel B. Meyer, Illinois Construction Law
In Week 2, you collaborated with your practicum Faculty Member and Preceptor to identify a focus for your Practicum Project.
This week, you begin to develop a Practicum Project Plan (PPP), which includes your overarching goal for the project and measurable objectives. The PPP incorporates a meaningful review of the literature and related standards to provide justification and support for the project. This Discussion provides a starting point for developing your written plan, as indicated in Assignment 1 this week.
NURS 6600 Week 3: Practicum Project Goals, Objectives, and Justification essay assignment
Reflect on the focus of your proposed Practicum Project, which you identified through discussion with your practicum Faculty Member and Preceptor last week.
View the Practicum Project Plan (PPP) Overview document provided in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider the project planning guidelines included in the document as you prepare for this Discussion.
Address the following to help you develop your plan for the Practicum Project:
- Review the scholarly literature, specialization standards, and/or regulatory standards that validate and shed light on your Practicum Project focus. Which professional organizations would you contact in relation to your topic? What regulatory standards would you address? As you proceed, you will continue to gather evidence from a combination of sources for your project as part of your written Practicum Project Plan.
- Identify the overarching goal for your Practicum Project.
- Consider how you can achieve your Practicum Project goal through the development and fulfillment of objectives. Based on your Practicum Project goal, develop two or three objectives that are specific, measurable, attainable, results-focused, and time-focused. Incorporate higher-order verbs from Bloom’s taxonomy (i.e., Application-level and above) as you create the objectives. You may wish to review last week’s Learning Resources related to developing objectives.
Contemplate any questions or concerns you may have about your Practicum Project or the planning involved. What kind of support could your colleagues offer to help you move forward?
Note: Be mindful of privacy concerns as you engage in this and future Discussions. Do not identify any organizations or individuals by name.
NURS 6600 Week 3: Practicum Project Goals Objectives and Justification essay assignment
By Day 3
Post a description of your proposed Practicum Project. Provide a brief rationale for your selected focus that incorporates references from the literature, specialization standards, regulatory standards, and/or other sources you have used to validate this project. Explain the overarching project goal, and list two or three measurable objectives that will help you meet the goal. Also, share any questions or concerns that your colleagues may be able to help you address as you proceed with planning for your Practicum Project.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days, using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.