Get NURS 6565 Week 2:Ethical Issues in Advanced Nursing Practice essay assignment help
NURS 6565: Synthesis in Advanced Practice Care of Complex Patients in Primary Care Settings | Week 2
“Ethics is not definable, is not implementable, because it is not conscious; it involves not only our thinking, but also our feeling.”
— Valdemar W. Setzer
Brazilian anthropologist, Department of Computer Science, University of São Paulo, Brazil
Advanced Practice Nurses are constantly challenged with ethical issues and dilemmas in clinical practice. Indeed, ethics requires NPs to use their knowledge, wisdom, critical thinking, and decision making skills to do what is right for individuals, families, and communities. There is a process that is used to make ethical decisions. A primary question to ask in every patient encounter is, “Am I doing what is right and good for the patient?”
The NP Core Ethics Competencies include integrating ethical principles in decision making, evaluating the ethical consequences of decisions, and applying ethically sound solutions to complex issues related to individuals, populations and systems of care. This week you will examine the process of using ethical principles in decision making and meeting the NP Core Ethics Competencies.
Order for online nursing paper writing help.The best nursing essay writers are available for assistance on NURS 6565 Week 2:Ethical Issues in Advanced Nursing Practice essay assignment
By the end of this week, students will:
- Analyze salient ethical issues in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Compare ethical dilemmas with state health laws and regulations
- Outline the process of ethical decision making
NURS 6565 Week 2:Ethical Issues in Advanced Nursing Practice essay assignment
Assignment :Analyzing an Ethical Decision
In your role, as an advanced practice nurse, you will encounter several situations that will require your ability to make sound judgments and practice decisions for the safety and well-being of individuals, families, and communities. There may not be a clear cut answer of how to address the issue, but your ethical decision making must be based on evidenced based practice, and what is good, right, and beneficial for patients. You will encounter patients who do not hold your values, but you must remain professional and unbiased in the care you provide to all patients regardless of their sociodemographic and ethnic/racial background. You must be prepared to critically analyze ethical situations, and develop an appropriate plan of action. For this Assignment, you will review the literature and discover the various ethical dilemmas advanced practice nurses encounter and how these issues are typically addressed in your state.
- Review literature for moral/ethical issues encountered by advanced practice nurses in clinical practice.
- Select an article that was published within the last five years.
By Day 7
Write a two page paper that answers the following questions:
- Summarize the moral/ethical issue in the article (no more than 1 paragraph)
- Describe the moral and ethical dilemmas surrounding the issue
- Analyze the ethical issue and compare them to the State Health Laws and Regulations in your state
- Outline the process of ethical decision making you would use to address this ethical dilemma
CLICK HERE TO Get Nursing Paper Writing Help