Get NURS 6550 Week 11: Hematologic, Lymphatic, and Immune disorders essay assignment help
NURS 6550: Advanced Practice Care of Adults in Acute Care Settings I | Week 11
Conditions of the hematologic, lymphatic, and immune systems have their own unique risks, causes, and clinical presentations. Advanced practice nurses who care for patients with these conditions must treat not only the disease but also the whole patient. Consider Richard Fletcher, who was diagnosed with sickle cell disease, a genetic condition. Throughout his life, he experienced pain crises and complications that led to frequent hospitalizations and prevented him from completing school or holding a stable job (UPMA, 2014). As with many patients who have hematologic, lymphatic, and immune disorders, Richard’s entire life was altered by his condition. In your role as advanced practice nurse, you will have the opportunity to provide patients like Richard with comprehensive care that addresses much more than just the treatment and management of physical symptoms.
This week, you will participate in your final Clinical Conference and discuss “aha” moments of insight, inspiration, or realization. Then, as you explore how hematologic, lymphatic, and immune conditions may present in acute care settings, you will examine strategies for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients with these conditions.
The best nursing essay writers available for assistance on NURS 6550 Week 11: Hematologic, Lymphatic, and Immune disorders essay assignment
By the end of this week, students will:
- Analyze the impact of clinical experiences on future clinical practice
- Evaluate patients with hematologic, lymphatic, and immune conditions
- Develop differential diagnoses for patients with hematologic, lymphatic, and immune conditions
- Develop treatment plans for patients with hematologic, lymphatic, and immune conditions
- Assess knowledge of patient evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in acute care settings
NURS 6550 Week 11: Hematologic, Lymphatic, and Immune disorders essay assignment
Assignment 1: Assessing, Diagnosing, and Treating Conditions of the Skin and Musculoskeletal System
Patients with hematologic, lymphatic, and immune conditions often present to acute care settings with multiple physical symptoms. The health implications of these conditions also cause many patients to experience emotional distress, which may lead to psychosocial health conditions. Thus, your role in the holistic care of patients is essential. For this Assignment, as you examine this week’s i-Human patient case study, consider how you might evaluate and treat patients who present with hematologic, lymphatic, and immune conditions.
- Review this week’s i-Human case studies. Based on the patient information provided, think about the health history you would need to collect from the patient.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to help you gather more information about the patient’s condition. Reflect on how the results would be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify three to five possible conditions to consider in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Consider the patient’s diagnosis. Think about clinical guidelines that might support this diagnosis.
- Reflect on a treatment plan for the patient that includes health promotion and patient education strategies.
NURS 6550 Week 11: Hematologic Lymphatic and Immune disorders essay assignment
As you interact with this week’s i-Human patient, complete the assigned case study. For guidance on using i-Human, refer to the i-Human Patients Case Player Student Manual in the Week 1 Learning Resources.
By Day 7
This Assignment is due.