Get HLT 600 Public Health Policy process and its effect assignment help
HLT 600 Public Health Policy
HLT 600 All Weeks Assignments
HLT 600 Week 2 Health Care Policy Process
1) Identify a specific health care policy (e.g., Medicare/Medicaid, Social Security, Affordable Health Care Act, etc.) from http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/ or similar websites.
2) In a flow chart, illustrate how the health care policy became law. The flow chart should include a historical timeline from the introduction of the law to its implementation. To create the flowchart, use the “Concept Mapping and Graphing Tool.” After completing the flowchart, save the document as an Acrobat PDF file.
3) In addition, develop a short narrative (500-750 words) which describes the expected effects of the health care policy on specific health outcomes.
Get writing help on HLT 600 Week 2 Health Care Policy Process, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
HLT 600 Week 4 Health Care Policy Analysis
You are a health care policy analyst for the local health department. You have been tasked with identifying a policy relevant to health care (e.g., obesity, smoking, asthma, etc.) from your state health department. Once identified, you are to conduct a critical analysis of the policy using the six steps of policy analysis:
1) Verify, define, and detail the problem.
2) Establish evaluation criteria.
3) Identify alternative policies.
4) Evaluate alternative policies.
5) Display and distinguish among alternative policies.
6) Monitor the implemented policy.
Present the analysis in a PowerPoint presentation (12-15 slides); make sure to include speaker notes.
Get writing help on HLT 600 Week 4 Health Care Policy Analysis , from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
HLT 600 Week 5 Social Ecological Model
1) After reviewing “Social Ecological Model: A Framework for Prevention,” found at http://www.cdc.gov/ViolencePrevention/overview/social-ecologicalmodel.html, complete the “HLT 600 Social Ecological Model: Obesity Table.”
2) APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Social Ecological Model: Obesity Table
Directions: Complete the table below addressing the issue of obesity at each level.
|Level 1: Individual||Level 2: Interpersonal||Level 3:Organizational||Level 4: Community||Level 5: Public Policy|
|Influencing Factors or Characteristics|
|Prevention Strategies for:|
Get writing help on HLT 600 Week 5 Social Ecological Model, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
HLT 600 Week 7 Public Health Policy Ethics
This assignment will be a collaborative learning team project. The instructor will assign each student to a CLC group.
Scenario: You are in a committee of legislators reviewing the Universal Health Care Act presented by former President William Clinton, located at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-103hr3600ih/pdf/BILLS-103hr3600ih.pdf
After reviewing the Universal Health Care Act, the committee is tasked with providing an analysis of the ethical considerations of the Act and the implications for accessibility of health care to all American citizens. The analysis should encompass:
1) The history and social context of the Act.
2) Viewpoints for and against the enactment of this act including supporting evidence for both sides.
3) Major frameworks in public health ethics that could be applied to this issue.
4) Recommendations the committee would suggest to strengthen the policy.
Get writing help on HLT 600 Week 7 Public Health Policy Ethics, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
HLT 600 Week 8 Establishing My Academic and Career Path
1) Complete this assignment as outlined in “HLT 600 Establishing My Academic and Career Path.”
Establishing My Academic and Career Path
As you begin the transition from academic courses to career opportunities, reflect on how the strategies already discussed can help to guide you through the process. Consider the degree path you have chosen and what additional skills or activities you should engage in beyond the academic learning in your courses to be successful. What initiatives and goals do you have for this career? Begin and continue to establish your academic journey and career goals.
Individual courses within the program will offer opportunities through assignments that develop particular skills pertinent to specific career requirements and transfer of acquired knowledge. Other courses and specific assignments such as interview, practicum, and capstone projects provide opportunities for students to be exposed to relevant problems and creative activities in health care. These opportunities will require students to apply techniques acquired from the classroom to active investigation with experienced mentors in the field.
Research where to find career openings in your chosen field, select a position you might be interested in, and identify the qualifications and experience required. Identify these requirements as you progress through the coursework provided in your program. Take initiative to inquire and explore as you make connections with your coursework and career goals. Some items to consider further are membership in a professional association, the use of Internet job boards for research into future trends, licensure compliance throughout the country/world, and occupational conditions such as location, shifts worked, required equipment, or safety standards.
Listed below are some suggestions related to the types of information that you may want to include in this section of the document:
1) Who? Who would make up my network (e.g., peers, instructors, professionals, colleagues) essential to success in my chosen field in relation to this particular course?
2) What? What are my findings from researching competencies and/or certification requirements for my specific job role in relation to this course?
3) When? When should I begin to make the connection between my course of study and my career goals?
4) Where? Where does this course fit in my career goals? Where could I schedule an interview or internship to bridge the theory in my course with the practice of a job in the field?
5) Why? Why are peer-reviewed articles important and what is the significance of them in a career in health care?
6) How? How does this course relate to the requirements of my career goals? How can I make a link between the course and career experience that I need?
Focus on the concepts and skills learned from this course and spend time reflecting on Who, What, When, Where, Why,or How, in establishing your academic and career path. Examples are provided below. The table will continue to expand as you progress through the course.
|Date||Category (Who, What, When, Where, Why, or How)||Comment||Required Follow-Up|
|1/21/2011||Who||EXAMPLE: Donald Duck – Current manager of the T&D department at ABC hospital. He has agreed to act as a professional mentor as I complete this program. We discussed the capstone project deliverable and steps required for approval.|
|1/29/2011||What||EXAMPLE: Read an article entitled, “Health Care Delivery Dynamics.” This may be my target topic for project:|
|2/10/2011||When||EXAMPLE: Obtain evidence of research project approval from ABC hospital. (5/31/2010)|
|2/17/2011||Where||EXAMPLE: Professional health care association – ACHE (American College Health Care Executives). Made contact and inquiries.|
|2/24/2011||Why||EXAMPLE: Based on recent readings, identify five reasons the project would be beneficial to my organization (e.g., improve patient care, enhance hospital efficiency, save money, make money, improve quality, etc.).|
|3/02/2011||How||EXAMPLE: Tour health care setting (hospital, nursing home, home health agencies, or insurance company) facility and interview IT security officer to gain understanding in the field. (04/12/2010)|
Get writing help on HLT 600 Week 8 Establishing My Academic and Career Path, from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
HLT 600 Week 8 Policy Brief Assignment
1) Generate a policy brief (750-1,000 words) which targets a contemporary issue in public health policy that has global implications (e.g., smoking, obesity, infant mortality, etc.).
2) Refer to the “HLT 600 Policy Brief Guide.”
3) While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
4) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
HLT 600 Public Health Policy process and its effect essay help
Policy Brief Guide
Legislators seldom have the time to read through all the literature related to a specific health care policy question. To make well-informed decisions, they rely on short, tightly written briefs that quickly and cogently relay the important policy facts, questions, and arguments about an issue.
An effective policy brief will advance a persuasive argument in a concise, clearly organized fashion. A policy brief does not include a lengthy analysis or review of the literature.
Policy Brief Assignment Template
- Begin with a brief overview and state the health care problem.
- Include the history and social context of the public health condition.
- Clearly state your recommendations for addressing the issue up front.
- Outline the history or background relevant to the global prevalence of the condition and health disparities related to the condition.
- Describe the population(s) most affected by the conditions.
- Describe the major agencies responsible for enforcement of public health related to this issue along with outlining their roles.
- Constructively criticize arguments, ideologies, and the quality of current actions being taken to address the condition.
- Use evidence from literature and other sources to support your perspectives and advance your recommendations.
- Conclude with a persuasive argument and summary statement.
- Summarize the major points and provide recommendations for the implementation of specific policies to address the health care issue.
Adapted from the International Society for Technology in Education at
HLT 600 Public Health Policy process and its effect
Get writing help on HLT 600 Week 8 Policy Brief Assignment , from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
- NRS-428VN Concepts in Community and Public Health Course
- Health Care Policy
- Care Coordination