Get Discussion on Socioemotional development Essay assignment help
Young Adulthood to Later Adulthood Scenarios
Socioemotional development is, by no means, limited to the young. As we enter adulthood and progress toward old age, we experience any number of changes in our sense of self and our relationships with others.
To prepare for this Discussion, review this week’s Learning Resources.
By Day 3, post a comprehensive response to one of the following:
- Consider what you have been exposed to in the Learning Resources about the various stages of development. What challenges does a young adult face in establishing independence?
- Consider a midlife transition from the following list: menopause, job loss, marriage, divorce, empty nesting, nurturing children and parents (care giving). How might one of the dimensions of personality presented in the five factor models (see Section 13.3 of your textbook) affect an individual’s ability to cope with this midlife transition?
- From the socioemotional perspective, discuss the issues that an individual may confront when planning for the transition to retirement.
Include specific examples to help support your position. Be sure to use supporting documentation and cite your sources in correct APA format.
Discussion on Socioemotional development
- Course Text: Kail, R. V., & Cavanaugh, J. C. (2016). Human development: A life-span view. (7th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 10, “Becoming an Adult: Physical, Cognitive, and Personality Development in Young Adulthood”
- Section 10.1, “Emerging Adulthood”
- Section 10.4, “Who Do You Want to Be? Personality in Young Adulthood”
- Chapter 11, “Being With Others: Forming Relationships in Young and Middle Adulthood”
- Section 11.1, “Relationships”
- Chapter 12, “Work, Leisure, and Retirement”
- Section 12.1, “Occupational Selection and Development”
- Section 12.3, “Occupational Transitions”
- Chapter 13, “Making It in Midlife: The Biopsychosocial Challenges of Middle Adulthood Section 13.3, “Personality”
- Chapter 14, “The Personal Context of Later Life: Physical, Cognitive, and Mental Health Issues”
- Section 14.4, “Mental Health and Intervention”
- Chapter 15, “Social Aspects of Later Life: Psychosocial, Retirement, Relationship, and Societal Issues”
- Section 15.1, “Theories of Psychosocial Aging”
- Section 15.2, “Personality, Social Cognition, and Spirituality”
- In this week’s textbook reading, you will be examining the aging process in adults by exploring socioemotional development in the later lifespan. From adulthood through old age, you will be probing elements of adulthood that affect aging such as relationships, occupational issues, personality, mental health, spirituality, and others.
- Video: Twin Cities Public Television. (Producer). (2010). Life (Part 2) [Web Video]. Available at http://www.pbs.org/lifepart2/watch
Get writing help on Discussion on Socioemotional development , from top-notch nursing essay writers. Order top nursing papers
- Explain Watson’s and Scarr’s perspectives
- How influential is the role of genetics in the child’s development?
- PSY 280 Developmental Stages Matrix
- Assignment: Socioemotional Processes
- Role that family and society play in development
Get a custom paper on Discussion on Socioemotional development: Order a Plagiarism-free paper